Sunday 22 June 2008

The Official Guide for GMAT Review, 10th Edition

The Official Guide for GMAT Review, 10th Edition
Graduate Management Admission
PDF | English | 12.3 MB
ISBN-10 / ASIN: 0886852404 | ISBN-13 / EAN: 9780886852405

There's something to be said for the comfort of working with the "official" book. The review sections are dry and offer nothing in the way of helpful strategy, but the skills you need are there (for tips and tricks, Princeton Review might be the best). My assessment of this resource is that the questions tend to all be in the middle range of difficulty. After a lot of studying, these questions all seemed average and I wanted something more challenging so that I would be ready to do battle with the real test. For that I turned to the Kaplan 800 guide. I felt I had to stray outside this book after awhile because it was dulling my sense of difficulty. It's a good idea to do as much of this as you can - but I recommend paying attention to how you're doing and eventually leaving this book behind for deeper waters when you start to get bored. My recommendation: start with Princeton Review (fun and easy with good tips, but not hardcore enough). Then do any specialized "workout" books you need (I got math workout books from Princeton Review and GMAC). Get this book and get into the dry math review and practice questions. Buy the Barron's book if you really have nothing better to do than waste your time and money (this wasn't totally useless, but mostly so). Then go nuts with Kaplan and scare yourself to death with their overly difficult practice tests - you'll score lower on those by 200 points than on the real thing, if you're like me. Then take the test - the light on the other side of the exam awaits you!

DOWNLOAD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Ad Here